About Deakin University
Deakin University offers a personalised experience, enhanced by innovative digital engagement. It leads by creating opportunities to live and work in a connected, evolving world.
Deakin University’s course curriculum integrates real-world expertise with practical skills to give its students a competitive edge. Get access to industry through Work Integrated Learning options and partnerships with some of Australia’s biggest companies, including Telstra, IBM, Save The Children and The Geelong Cats.
At Deakin, the goal is to always look forward, be agile and responsive to change. It has a history of using cutting-edge technology to provide personal and flexible learning experiences, amazing facilities and support for students so that their education prepares them for jobs of the future.
Total students: 56,000 (25% postgraduate)6
Graduate Satisfaction & Employment
Students rate Deakin University above average in terms of teaching quality and overall satisfaction. The percentage of graduates in full-time work, however, is below the national average..
Overall satisfaction1: 85.4% (national average 83.0%)
Teaching quality rating2: 72.8% (national average 71.8%)
Skills improvement rating3: 79.6% (national average 79.7%)
Full-time employment4: 78.3% (national average 83.5%)
Median salary5: $80,000 (national average $80,000)
Employer satisfaction7: 84.2% (national average 84.0%)
Source: Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching
Applying for postgraduate study
Every domestic and international course has general and specific entry requirements. Requirements can include prerequisites (i.e. completion of certain units in Year 12), filling out a form, providing additional documentation, passing a written test, showing proof of past work experience or attending an interview or audition. Read the description for your desired course to understand these requirements.
More about Deakin University
With over 40 years of experience as one of Australia’s leading tertiary education providers, Deakin’s won numerous awards and teaches over 53,000 students each year. They offer students world-class programs and endless opportunities.
Deakin University is known as a globally connected university, with five popular campuses – including online Cloud Campus – and technology-rich learning centres across outer metropolitan Melbourne.
- The percentage of graduates who expressed overall satisfaction with their course, based on an individual question in the CEQ.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed they experienced good teaching practices during their study.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed their studies had improved their generic skills.
- The proportion of graduates who were employed full-time four months after completing their course, as a percentage of those who were available for full-time employment.
- The median salary level of graduates who were in full-time employment.
- Department of Education and Training Higher Education Statistics.
- The extent to which employers were satisfied with graduates from Australian Catholic University, as per the 2017 Employer Satisfaction Survey.