About Western Sydney University
Located in the heart of one of Australia's fastest growing economic regions, Western Sydney University offers unlimited potential to students with the talent, drive and ambition to succeed. Western Sydney is an exciting place to be. As the nation's third largest economy and one of the fastest growing population and employment centres, it is an increasingly important, dynamic and culturally diverse hub of business, industry and innovation.
With a large multicultural population of more than two million people from 170 nations, Western Sydney's global links are creating unlimited opportunities for international business, investment, education and cultural exchange.
Total students: 47,000 (14% postgraduate)6
Graduate Satisfaction & Employment
Western Sydney University performs close to average on most postgraduate outcomes but underperforms in terms of full-time work and earnings.
Overall satisfaction1: 81.1% (national average 83.0%)
Teaching quality rating2: 71.2% (national average 71.8%)
Skills improvement rating3: 80.6% (national average 79.7%)
Full-time employment4: 65.5% (national average 83.5%)
Median salary5: $70,000 (national average $80,000)
Employer satisfaction7: 85.8% (national average 84.0%)
Source: Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching
Applying for postgraduate study
For persons who have completed a degree at University, there are different options available. You may wish to complete another Undergraduate program, a Postgraduate program or a Master of Research.
If you are a current local or international student wanting to go on Exchange, you need to apply direct to the University. If you are an international student wanting to complete a Study Abroad package, you need to apply direct to the University.
For current University students interested in transferring to Western Sydney University, you will need to apply as a Non Current School Leaver.
More about Western Sydney University
Ranked amongst the top two per cent of universities in the world, Western Sydney University values academic excellence, integrity and the pursuit of knowledge. It is globally focused, research-led and committed to making a positive impact on the communities it engage with.
Your success starts here. To ensure you have the most enriching experience at university, it has designed and implemented a range of opportunities such as Advantage Entry Programs and The Academy, while its scholarships and leadership programs can help you shape a successful future.
- The percentage of graduates who expressed overall satisfaction with their course, based on an individual question in the CEQ.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed they experienced good teaching practices during their study.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed their studies had improved their generic skills.
- The proportion of graduates who were employed full-time four months after completing their course, as a percentage of those who were available for full-time employment.
- The median salary level of graduates who were in full-time employment.
- Department of Education and Training Higher Education Statistics.
- The extent to which employers were satisfied with graduates from Australian Catholic University, as per the 2017 Employer Satisfaction Survey.