About University of Southern Queensland
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) has forged a reputation as one of Australia's leading providers of on-campus and online (distance) education programs in Australia. With more than 75 percent of students studying via distance or online, its delivery of external education resources continues to lead the way.
USQ programs are offered in three campuses in Queensland, via internationally awarded online (distance) education as well as national and international education partners.
USQ's two faculties and specialist sections deliver a challenging and supportive environment for students to excel in their learning journeys.
Total students: 27,000 (26% postgraduate)6
Graduate Satisfaction & Employment
University of Southern Queensland performs below average on most postgraduate outcomes. However its students are likely to get hired on full-time work with higher salary.
Overall satisfaction1: 80.8% (national average 83.0%)
Teaching quality rating2: 62.3% (national average 71.8%)
Skills improvement rating3: 75.5% (national average 79.7%)
Full-time employment4: 86.6% (national average 83.5%)
Median salary5: $82,000 (national average $80,000)
Employer satisfaction7: 77.4% (national average 84.0%)
Source: Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching
- The percentage of graduates who expressed overall satisfaction with their course, based on an individual question in the CEQ.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed they experienced good teaching practices during their study.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed their studies had improved their generic skills.
- The proportion of graduates who were employed full-time four months after completing their course, as a percentage of those who were available for full-time employment.
- The median salary level of graduates who were in full-time employment.
- Department of Education and Training Higher Education Statistics.
- The extent to which employers were satisfied with graduates from Australian Catholic University, as per the 2017 Employer Satisfaction Survey.