About The University of Newcastle
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. For those seeking to expand their career options - and follow a path with the potential to make a global impact - the University of Newcastle offers over 450 courses and 80 Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters degree programs.
Flexible programs designed around you, and by you, also provide the option to translate your real-world experience into course credit. Serving students from over 100 countries, the University's curriculum reflects a global perspective that prepares you to solve the world's most complex challenges. All while studying at an institution recognised that is ranked 214th* of the world's universities.
*QS World University Rankings 2019
Total students: 36,000 (24% postgraduate)6
- Regional NSW
Graduate Satisfaction & Employment
Students rate The University of Newcastle above average on majority of postgraduate outcomes.
Overall satisfaction1: 85.1% (national average 83.0%)
Teaching quality rating2: 71.8% (national average 71.8%)
Skills improvement rating3: 81.9% (national average 79.7%)
Full-time employment4: 88.7% (national average 83.5%)
Median salary5: $85,000 (national average $80,000)
Employer satisfaction7: 84.9% (national average 84.0%)
Source: Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching
- The percentage of graduates who expressed overall satisfaction with their course, based on an individual question in the CEQ.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed they experienced good teaching practices during their study.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed their studies had improved their generic skills.
- The proportion of graduates who were employed full-time four months after completing their course, as a percentage of those who were available for full-time employment.
- The median salary level of graduates who were in full-time employment.
- Department of Education and Training Higher Education Statistics.
- The extent to which employers were satisfied with graduates from Australian Catholic University, as per the 2017 Employer Satisfaction Survey.