ChOOSE YOUR SPECIALISATION
Choose from one of five exciting areas of agricultural science to specialise in:
- Agribusiness: The Agribusiness specialisation will provide you with knowledge of the trends and underlying influences impacting the agribusiness value chain and the global environment. It focuses on the methods and tools relevant to business decision-making in the presence of risk and uncertainty across economics, finance and management.
- Agricultural Extension and Innovation: The new Agricultural Extension and Innovation specialisation will give you the knowledge to support change and innovation in farming communities, agricultural sectors and value chains, helping these groups adopt the latest science and technology and adapt to a changing environment.
- Animal Science: The Animal Science specialisation is multi-disciplinary and research-oriented. You will be able to develop an understanding of the biological and social aspects of our relationship with animals, and of the impact animals have on the world. This includes animals outside the agricultural industries, such as those in zoos or sports.
- Crop Production: Crop production, crop protection, soil science and land management are the basis of all agricultural production. If you wish to help to find solutions to issues in these areas, the Crop Production specialisation will help you to develop advanced knowledge in applied crop science and skills in integrating crop system concepts across multiple disciplines.
- Food Sustainability: The Food Sustainability aims to develop graduates who are ready to address the challenges of creating more sustainable food systems. In this specialisation you will gain advanced knowledge of the agro-ecological and social complexity of producing and providing access to sufficient and healthy food including environmental and population demands, and the policy, economic, political and nutritional dynamics of food production, distribution and consumption.