Research Training Program (RTP) scholarships are funded by the federal government to provide support to postgraduate research students of exceptional research promise.
Closing date: 31 October 2017
Available for future and current domestic students in all research disciplines.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- be a domestic student (Australian citizen or permanent resident, New Zealand citizen)
- be seeking to enrol, or enrolled, as a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) candidate
- have a minimum first-class honours (H1) or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment
- not have previously held an Australian-Government-funded research scholarship for more than 6 months.
* Preference will be given to applicants with First Class Honours (H1) or equivalent, applying for PhD.
The scholarship provides a stipend to assist with living costs, indexed annually ($27,082 for 2018, tax-free), for up to three years. In addition, scholarship recipients are eligible for an allowance for relocation and thesis production. See the RTP Stipend Scholarship Conditions of Award for more information.
Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) scholarships are funded by the federal government to provide support to postgraduate research students of exceptional research promise.
Before 1 January 2017 the Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship (Domestic) was referred to as the Australian Postgraduate Award (APA).