About Australian National University
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. Its location points to its unique history, ties to the Australian Government and special standing as a resource for the Australian people.
ANU's focus on research as an asset, and an approach to education, ensures its graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to understand, and apply vision and creativity to addressing complex contemporary challenges.
You’ll find ANU in the inner-city suburb of Acton, Canberra in the ACT. But they also have other campuses in the ACT, NSW and the NT that house some extraordinary facilities that help support our teaching, learning and research.
Total students: 25,000 (48% postgraduate)6
Graduate Satisfaction & Employment
Australian National University performs relatively close to average on most postgraduate outcomes.
Overall satisfaction1: 84.5% (national average 83.0%)
Teaching quality rating2: 74.6% (national average 71.8%)
Skills improvement rating3: 79.3% (national average 79.7%)
Full-time employment4: 88.1% (national average 83.5%)
Median salary5: $75,000 (national average $80,000)
Employer satisfaction7: 79.8% (national average 84.0%)
Source: Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching
Applying for postgraduate study
Before you can apply for a postgraduate coursework degree, you need to already hold or be about to complete a Bachelor Degree. Some programs require you to demonstrate a certain academic average, such as a credit or distinction average.
All students, whether domestic or international, must meet the minimum English language requirements for admission.
More about Australian National University
Its Acton campus is in the heart of Canberra - Australia's capital city - in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
From here it's an easy walk, bike ride or drive to some of Australia's most significant political and cultural institutions including Australian Parliament House.
Amongst the Universities' modern lecture halls, libraries, laboratories, student residences and administration buildings, you'll find all the conveniences of a small suburb including cafes, bars, supermarkets, child care centres, a newsagency, post office and even a medical centre.
- The percentage of graduates who expressed overall satisfaction with their course, based on an individual question in the CEQ.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed they experienced good teaching practices during their study.
- The percentage of graduates who agreed their studies had improved their generic skills.
- The proportion of graduates who were employed full-time four months after completing their course, as a percentage of those who were available for full-time employment.
- The median salary level of graduates who were in full-time employment.
- Department of Education and Training Higher Education Statistics.
- The extent to which employers were satisfied with graduates from Australian Catholic University, as per the 2017 Employer Satisfaction Survey.