This course is offered for professionals working as middle and senior managers in health care
sector who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the management of patient safety and service quality within health care organsiations. It is appropriate for hospital administrators, risk and quality assurance managers, and senior medical, nursing and allied health administrators.
Domestic applicants must have an Australian bachelor degree in a relevant health discipline with at least two years work experience in the healthcare sector or be selected and sponsored through another agency, with evidence of equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
A minimum standard of English language proficiency must be met for entry into postgraduate programs at the University of Tasmania and can be demonstrated in any one of a variety of ways. Applicants for Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, and Masters by coursework degrees have the following English language requirements.
1. IELTS (Academic) - 6.0 (no individual band less than 6.0)
2. TOEFL (PBT) 575 TWE 4.5; TOEFL (iBT) 88 (no score below 20)
3. PTE Academic 50 with no score lower than 50
4. UTAS DEAP Overall 60% (Writing 60%)
5. Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English) - B Grade
6. Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) - C Grade
7. Cambridge BEC (Business English Certificate) Higher - C Grade
Domestic student support including email availability of staff, online IT and student services and the Flexible Library Service available to students outside Tasmania is available through the usual systems. Some of this, such as discussion forums, will be built into MyLO.