Background: Established in 2003 by a donation to the Faculty of Veterinary Science by the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry Australia. The purpose of the donation was to encourage veterinarians who demonstrate a commitment to working for the benefit of Australian livestock producers at the national level to undertake postgraduate training in veterinary public health. This will be achieved through the establishment of a scholarship to be known as the T.J. Nicholls Memorial Scholarship.
- The scholarship may be awarded at the postgraduate level and shall be tenable at the University of Sydney only.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to a veterinarian registered (or eligible for registration) to practice veterinary science in Australia.
- The scholarship shall be awarded an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- The scholarship recipient shall not be in receipt of any other scholarships or financial support to do the Program, including employer-sponsored payment of course fees.
- The postgraduate scholarship may only be awarded to an applicant who is admitted to the Veterinary Public Health Management Program and who enrols accordingly.
Value: Up to $10,000 per annum, tenable for two years
Open Date: TBD
Close Date: TBD
Conditions: Read more