Background: The scholarship is aimed to support research into the advancement of the use of microsurgery in clinical medicine.
- Graduated from an approved Australian or overseas university.
- Must be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident as at the application closing date.
- Must be enrolled for a full-time Master of Surgery (by research) or a PhD in the Faculty of Medicine.
- $40,000 per year or a top up scholarship up to the value of $15,000 for applicants with a clinical qualification.
- For applicants without a clinical qualification, the stipend payable will be in line with the current rate for an Australian Postgraduate Award.
- Up to an additional $20,000 per year may be available for research related consumables.
Duration: The award shall be tenable for up to two years in the case of a Master’s degree or three years for a PhD. Periods of study undertaken towards the research degree prior to the commencement of the award will be deducted from the maximum tenure of the award.
Conditions: Read more