Applications are invited for up to 16 scholarships leading to the degree of either PhD or MSc.
Applications are invited for up to 16 scholarships leading to the degree of either PhD or MSc. Up to 13 are based in the School of Agriculture, Food and Wine at the University of Adelaide (Waite Campus, SA) and up to 3 in the National Wine and Grape Industry Centre at Charles Sturt University (Wagga Wagga, NSW). More information on each individual scholarship is available on the ARC Training Centre for Innovative Wine Production (TC IWP) website https://www.adelaide.edu.au/tc-iwp/positions/
The scholarships are supported by the Australian Research Council, Industrial Transformation Research Program (IC170100008).
Fields of Study: Plant science/physiology, viticulture, genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, oenology, organic/analytical chemistry, food science, fermentation and process technology and wine sensory science.
Eligibility: Applications are open to Australian domestic and international students who are acceptable as candidates for a PhD or MSc degree at the University of Adelaide or Charles Sturt University.
Stipend: The scholarships will be for three years (PhD) or two years (MSc) and have an indicative stipend of $32,304 per annum as set by the ARC. Students appointed to projects at Charles Sturt University will be eligible for a top-up, making a combined stipend plus top-up value of $35,000 per annum. Stipends are likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval. International applicants are encouraged and those of sufficient merit will additionally be eligible for a tuition fee waiver scholarship.
Enquiries: Queries regarding specific projects should be directed to the relevant contact shown in each case on the ARC TC IWP website. General enquiries regarding the TC should be directed to TC Director Prof Vladimir Jiranek, Ph: +61 (0)8 8313 6651, Email: email@example.com.
Applying: Applications for Admission and Scholarship must be submitted using the Online Application Form.
- Domestic applicants must select the ARC Industrial Transformation Research Program Innovative Wine Production Scholarship in the Scholarship Selection section.
- International applicants must select Scholarship Provided by an External Body in the Source of Financial Support section and enter the following;
- Name of Award: ARC Industrial Transformation Research Program Innovative Wine Production Scholarship
- Funding Body: ARC/University of Adelaide
- Type of Sponsor: Other
- Status of Sponsorship: Applied for
- Submission Date: Date of your application
- Deadline to Receive Offer Letter: 31/10/2017
- Within the Research Experience section of the online application, all applicants should clearly indicate as a first line heading within the Research Interests field the project ID(s) you wish to be considered for.
- Charles Sturt University projects:
Applications for scholarships can be made online (https://www.csu.edu.au/research/scholarships/available/urc-nwgic). Applicants for the scholarship must also complete a separate on-line application for admission to their PhD program (http://www.csu.edu.au/research-csu/how-to-apply).
Open Until Filled