Students who successfully complete the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) will be able to:
- apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the chosen major in engineering in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking and judgement
- apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence, as preparation for research higher degrees
- apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- apply abstraction, mathematics and engineering fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a model, using appropriate engineering methods and tools
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use the basic tools and practices of project management within project work
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional engineering practice in a global and sustainable context
- reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing of personal performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete the Bachelor of Innovation and Design will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge and cognitive skills to review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge in the field of design management, product system and service design and apply those principles in a range of practices
- define and integrate theoretical principles applicable to entrepreneurship and innovation and apply those principles in a range of practices
- systematically review and critically evaluate research from a variety of sources in order to make informed judgements on options for innovatively solving a range of problems that arise in business contexts
- apply knowledge and technical skills to demonstrate a broad understanding of design management, product, system and service design knowledge with depth in product development, manufacturing knowledge and ideation and manual sketching skills
- apply knowledge and cognitive and creative skills to exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving design management, product system and service design problems independently and collaboratively, in diverse contexts
- apply cognitive and technical skills to know and apply principles of sustainability and respectful design to their knowledge of design management, product system and service design and development of their design solution with responsibility and accountability.