The School of Engineering and Information Technology will be competitively awarding multiple scholarships of up to $20,000 each to applicants commencing any Undergraduate or Masters by Coursework course, located in the School of Engineering and Information Technology(listed here), who demonstrate a pursuit for scientific excellence.
Five scholarships will be reserved exclusively for students applying for admission into either:
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering; or
- Environmental Engineering; or
- Environmental Engineering and Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering (as a double major); or
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering and Chemistry (as a combined degree); or
- Environmental Engineering and Chemistry (as a combined degree)
Scholarships are competitively awarded to students commencing a Murdoch University Postgraduate course and major offered by the School of Engineering and Information Technology who have achieved an average grade of HD or GPA of 3.5/4.0 or equivalent in an undergraduate course prior to application.
- Up to $20,000 for Undergraduate students
- Up to $10,000 for Postgraduate students
Open: Monday 1st October 2018
Closes: Monday 4th March 2019, 4.00pm ( Australian WST)
Payment: Subject to the terms and conditions of the award being met, throughout the scholarship recipients study at Murdoch University, the award is paid in equal instalments directly to a recipient's nominated Australian bank account over consecutive calendar years. Postgraduate (paid in two equal instalments over two consecutive semesters)
- The first instalment will be paid after the S1, 2019 cencus date;
- The secnd instalment will be paid after the S2, 2019 cencus date.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be an international student;
- Study full time at the Perth campus;
- Have applied to Murdoch University to study a course specialising in one of the majors offered by the School of Engineering and Information Technology (see list on application form);
- Have applied for this course before the Semester deadline; and
- Have achieved an IELTS of 6.5 or above
For postgraduate admission and scholarship eligibility you must have:
- Achieved an undergraduate GPA > 3.5/4.0 or equivalent exceptional performance.
More info: In addition to the Scholarship amount, students interested in research will be paired with an Academic mentor for the duration of their study and will have access to a further $3,000. This can be put towards travel or costs associated with research.
Please note this scholarship is not available for student enrolling in the following courses:
- Honours Studies (except engineering)
- Graduate Certificates
- Graduate Diplomas
- Courses located outside the School of Engineering and Information Technology