Monash Support Scholarships are provided to current and commencing students whose educational achievements may have been masked by their personal circumstances. The scholarship is awarded based on need - there is no specific ATAR requirement.
You may be eligible if you are a low income earner and intending to study an undergraduate or graduate degree at Monash. Additional consideration will be given if you are experiencing other forms of educational disadvantage such as being an Indigenous Australian or recent refugee, live in a low socio-economic, regional or remote area, attend an under-represented school, have a disability or long-term medical condition, or have experienced difficult personal circumstances.
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must be studying as one of the following:
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in Australia
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in another country
- Current Monash student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Have a low income
- You must also be intending to enrol in a Monash undergraduate or graduate (coursework) degree in Australia, including the Diploma of Tertiary Studies and Diploma of Higher Education.
There are two types of scholarships available:
- Type 1: $3000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree
- Type 2: $3000 one-off payment
- Type 1: 300 scholarships available per year.
- Type 2: Varies depending on funding
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a pass average (50% or above) each semester.
- Students receiving a Type 1 scholarship are required to verify their financial circumstances each semester.
- If stated in your offer letter, you may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your appreciation, experiences and benefits from receiving the scholarship.