The late Harold Carroll, a retired grazier from Devonport, established a fund to provide scholarships for deserving students in the state of Victoria, to allow them to enter or continue university studies.
If you attended school in the Western District of Victoria, you may be eligible for this scholarship. Preference will be given to students who attended Coleraine Primary School, St Joseph's School, Port Fairy Consolidated School, St Patrick's Primary School, Balmoral High School or Balmoral Consolidated School.
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or continuing a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Have a low income
Based on previous attendance at one of the following schools (in order of preference):
- Coleraine Primary School
- St Joseph's School, Coleraine
- Port Fairy Consolidated School*
- St Patrick's Primary School, Port Fairy
- Balmoral High School
- Balmoral Consolidated School*
- Any primary or secondary school in the Western District of Victoria (covering the approximate area west and south-west of the Calder Highway and all towns and cities on that highway). Monash University reserves the right to determine localities contained within this boundary.
*At various times, these consolidated schools have also been known as state or primary schools.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain full-time enrolment and a credit average (60% or above) each semester.