The Yulgilbar Foundation Travel Awards for Marcus Oldham Postgraduate Students to attend the Crawford Fund Annual Conference
Weathering the ‘Perfect Storm’: The Agriculture, Water, Energy and Climate Change Nexus
12-13 August 2019 in Canberra
The Crawford Fund is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that promotes research, policy and training for world food security, and has programs to encourage the next generation in agriculture for development. Limited places in their conference scholarship program are always highly sought after and this year there are only 40 places for people aged under 40 from primary industries, higher education, research, policy and government bodies who will hear from experts and participate in the networking and mentoring activities.
In addition to the usual State based nomination process for Crawford Scholars, Marcus Oldham College have been allocated two places for postgraduate students to attend this year’s conference and the fun and informative scholar activities that have been developed in partnership with young and ‘old’ agricultural scientists and members of ‘Researchers in Agriculture for International Development (RAID) network’. RAID is hosted by the Fund and works to connect, engage and support agricultural researchers working in international development.
The Yulgilbar Foundation was established by Sarah and Baillieu Myer, members of the Melbourne Myer family, to provide support to a range of very worthwhile causes, one of which is the Marcus Oldham College Travel Award Programme.
The aim of the award is to enhance participant learning through supporting the sharing and development of knowledge and is specifically designed to support costs associated with travel, accommodation and other direct conference attendance costs, along with those costs associated with meeting experts in the chosen field of study.
The Yulgilbar Foundation Travel Awards are set aside for postgraduate students to attend the Crawford Fund Annual conference in Canberra. To be eligible for the Travel Award and to be nominated as a 2019 Crawford Fund Scholar you must meet these criteria:
- Be available to travel to and attend the conference in Canberra,12-13 August 2019;
- Be 40 years or under at time of application and a current postgraduate student at Marcus Oldham College (GC/GD/Master of Agribusiness);
- Have successfully completed CMI502/CMI902 Contemporary Managerial Issues in Agribusiness;
- Agree to provide a 500-1000 word post-conference report outlining how you benefited from the conference and what you considered to be the highlights. These articles will be included in the Marcus Oldham newsletter and website and the Crawford Fund newsletter and website and be provided to The Yulgilbar Foundation.
How to Apply:
Applications for The Yulgilbar Foundation Travel Awards to fund a Marcus Oldham College nominated place at the 2019 conference, close on 27 May 2019.
Your application should include:
- A short bio;
- An up to date CV;
- Your reasons why you wish to attend and the likely contribution you can make at the conference and planned networking and mentoring events.
Please email to applications directly to Dr Heather Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTE: DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE CRAWFORD FUND.