The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - South Korea provides a partial scholarship for outstanding students from South Korea to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus or City campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. This Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - South Korea is highly competitive and will be awarded progressively through the year to future applicants to Macquarie University based on academic merit.
What does the Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship cover?
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - South Korea is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, the amount is AUD$5,000 and it will be paid after the Census Date student's program in their first session.
Priority areas: Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - South Korea is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
- Be a citizen of South Korea.
- Have met the University's academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde or City Campus by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0 out of 7.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one Session in duration.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the semester and year indicated in their Scholarship Offer Letter.
- Commencement may not be deferred and must be in 2017 or 2018 only.
- Students must stay enrolled in their program to be eligible to received the AUD$5,000 payment. Hence, if you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University. Students may be eligible to accept the South Korea Scholarship together with this scholarship if they fulfil the above conditions.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College.
Note: International Scholarship (Non-Australian Citizen)
How to apply:
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “VCIS-South Korea" in the Scholarship Name field.
Once you have completed the online scholarship application form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Award value: $5,000 (AUD)
Level of study: