When a Grant Round is open, the SmartyGrants link above will be activated and the CAAR online Application Form will become available. All applicants will be required to complete the CAAR online Application Form in full and provide all mandatory requested documentation. Applications and supporting documentation must be in English. Any application that does not meet these minimum requirements will be deemed ineligible.
Applications must be received by the deadline specified in the advertisement of the grants round. The CAAR has no obligation to consider applications received after the specified submission period.
Applications must be submitted using the CAAR online funding Application Form through SmartyGrants. Applications sent by email or other means will not be accepted.
Preparing your application
Please ensure you have:
- Completed all mandatory fields on the application form.
- Attached two references that demonstrate an established record of achievement in the development and management of projects relevant to the proposed area of endeavour. Where possible, referees should comment on:
- their relationship to the applicant;
- their involvement or interest, if any, in the project;
- the project's objectives and the strategies to achieve them; and
- the applicant's ability to complete the project and to administer project funds.
- Clearly demonstrated how your proposal meets the objectives of the CAAR.
- Made adequate provision for all likely expenses. The CAAR will not normally consider requests for supplementary funding.
Applicants should be aware that CAAR Board members may not be familiar with individuals or organisations or the field of proposed activity. As the CAAR Board's decision will be based on the information provided, applicants should ensure all information provided is accurate, clear and comprehensive.
The 2018 CAAR Grants Round is now closed.
The 2019 CAAR Grants Round will open in February 2019, closing April 2019.