The Scholarship is aimed at equipping indigenous doctors with the qualifications and skills to succeed in their chosen specialist career.
- Established in 2017 by the Sydney Medical School Indigenous Health Strategy Working Party, this Scholarship is intended to cover the tuition fees for students undertaking postgraduate coursework at Sydney Medical School.
- The Scholarship is aimed at equipping indigenous doctors with the qualifications and skills to succeed in their chosen specialist career. To this end, the Scholarship may also provide academic support and professional mentoring in the specialty of choice, if desired, brokered by the Director of Professional Medical Education.
- Aplicants need to meet the criteria of the University of Sydney Confirmation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identity Policy.
- Applicants recieving an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled in a suitable degree at the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must be currently employed in clinical practice (or on approved leave).
- Applicants will be undertaking coursework studies in a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Master's or Advanced Master's level course at the Sydney Medical (except studies in Public Health or the Doctor of Medicine program).
- The Scholarship is intended to cover the full tuition fees for the student's chosen course.
- The maximum amount of scholarship is for the completion of the Master of Medicine (Advanced) degree (60 credit points of coursework units of study). A maximum of 12 credit points per semester will be funded unless special permission to increase course load is granted.
Further Information: Scholarship Flyer and Terms and Conditions
Open Date: Apply Now
Close Date: 10 January 2018