Ross Waite Parsons was Professor of Law at the University of Sydney 1961-1986. In that time he established the Australia paradigms for postgraduate coursework legal education and continuing professional development, as well as being Australia's acknowledged leader in tax law research and a foremost scholar in commercial and corporate law.
The Ross Waite Parsons Postgraduate Coursework Law Scholarship has been established to promote academic excellence in legal education through the Masters programs offered by the Sydney Law School.
- Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission for a masters by coursework program in the Sydney law School.
- Applicants must have achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 75 in their prior university level studies.
- Students who have already commenced their postgraduate studies, or students transferring from another postgraduate program are not eligible.
- $10,000 per annum for a student enrolled full-time (24 credit points per semester), and
- $5,000 per annum for a student enrolled part-time (12 credit points per semester).
Duration: 1 year for full-time and 2 years for part-time recipients.
Open Date: Apply Now
- Round One: 31 January 2019
- Round Two: 30 June 2019