- A Postgraduate Scholarship for Research Masters or PhD students is available from the Wiser HealthCare research collaboration at the University of Sydney to undertake research studies in reducing overdiagnosis and overtreatment in the area of musculoskeletal disorders.
- The research will focus on investigating the cause and size of the problem and testing potential solutions. Some of the healthcare contexts to be considered include allied healthcare, emergency department presentations for back pain, ambulance callouts for back pain and overuse of imaging in sports medicine.
- The Scholarship is offered subject to the applicant having an unconditional offer of admission in a Research Masters or PhD, for full-time or part-time study, in the School of Public Health, Sydney Medical School at the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must hold a medical or health science degree, with a substantial research component.
Value & Duration:
- A successful applicant enrolled full time will be provided with a stipend allowance of $33,318 per annum for up to two years for a Research Masters, or three years for a PhD, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
Further Information: Terms and Conditions
Open Date: Closed
Close Date: Closed