- A full-time postgraduate scholarship for PhD students is available from the Wiser HealthCare research collaboration at the University of Sydney to undertake research studies in reducing overdiagnosis in the area of musculoskeletal disorders. The research will focus on investigating the cause and size of the problem and test new solutions.
- Some of the musculoskeletal issues to be tackled include overuse of imaging and arthroscopy plus chronic opioid therapy for non-cancer pain.
- Applicants must be commencing in a full-time Doctor of Philosophy within the Sydney School of Public Health at the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must hold a medical or health science degree, with a substantial research component.
Value & Duration:
- The Scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $33,318 per annum for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance. The recipient may apply for an extension of up to 6 months.
- The scholarship will provide an allowance of $2,250 per annum for travel and consumables, pro rated for the duration of the stipend allowance.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding.
Further Information: Terms and Conditions
Open Date: Apply Now