The Awards have been established to attract and support high-achieving students from India to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate study at UNSW.
Value and Duration
The Scholarships will be offered, as one of the following:
- Scholarship 1: A tuition fee waiver scholarship offer, value of $10,000 per annum, for the minimum duration of the program. There are 10 offers available.
- Scholarship 2: A full tuition fee waiver scholarship, for the minimum duration of program. There is one (1) offer available.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of India, and not a permanent resident of Australia; and
- Must be residing in India, prior to commencing study at UNSW for undergraduate applicants. Postgraduate applicants may have prior residence in Australia; and
- Must have submitted a Scholarships application; and
- Must have applied and received an offer of admission* into a UNSW undergraduate or postgraduate degree program; and
- Have achieved a minimum academic result, as demonstrated in their UNSW admission application of:
- Undergraduate admission
- All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) a minimum of 1 point over the academic entry requirement; or
- Indian School Certificate (ISC) a minimum of 2 points over the academic entry requirement; or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) - at least 2 point over academic program entry; or
- GCE A Levels - at least 1 points over program entry; or
- Postgraduate admission
- Completion of a recognised bachelor degree in India with a minimum grade equivalent to a UNSW GPA of 70.
- Submitted a digital video testimonial of how a scholarship at UNSW will help them achieve their aspirations.
*Open to students commencing their studies at UNSW in semester 1 and 2, 2018.
Please note that successful scholarship applicants will be announced by early July 2018 and funds will be awarded in semester 2, 2018.
Each applicant will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Academic Merit; and
- The digital video testimonial
Shortlisted applicants are not required to attend an interview.
Note: International Scholarship (Non-Australian Citizen)