The Capstone Editing Conference Travel Grant for Postgraduate Research Students provides up to A$3,000 for one student per year to assist in covering the costs of attending a conference in relation to their degree.
The purpose of attending the conference should be to assist with the student’s research or professional development. The student does not necessarily have to be presenting a paper or poster at the conference to be eligible to apply for the grant, though it is preferred.
The grant can be used for flights, accommodation and conference registration up to a total of A$3,000. It is expected that a student attending a conference internationally may use all the available funds, whereas a student attending a conference domestically will use only part. Students will need to include an itinerary, budget and letter of support from their supervisor in their application.
Capstone Editing also supports postgraduate students by providing high-quality thesis editing, and editing for their conference papers and journal articles. Please consider using Capstone Editing for your academic editing needs.
Before applying for this scholarship, please check your eligibility against these criteria:
- You must be enrolled in a postgraduate research degree at an Australian or New Zealand university.
- You can be studying internally or externally.
- You can be a domestic or international student.
- The grant is primarily for full-time students. If you are studying part time, you are only eligible to apply if you can demonstrate carer commitments or a medical condition that prohibit you from studying full time.
- You cannot apply if you are an employee or contractor of Capstone Editing (or a family member of an employee or contractor).
Applications are currently OPEN. Read about our 2017 winner, Laura Engfors.
Applications close on 30 July and the grant will be awarded on 31 August.
The Capstone Editing Conference Travel Grant for Postgraduate Research Students is awarded on the basis of both academic merit and financial need. Each application will be carefully assessed. The successful applicant will be chosen at the sole discretion of Capstone Editing, and this decision is final.
If you have any questions, please first visit the Scholarship and Grants Program section of our FAQs.
If you still have questions or require any further information after reading our FAQs, you can email email@example.com.