Engineering and Science
JRE Cadetships grants are designed to provide support for higher degree research candidates by helping with the costs of undertaking industry-based cadetships for students working across the spectrum of scientific research. Cadetships involve a combination of formal research with the University and concurrent employment with a business to carry out R&D activities.
Value: In 2016 the cadetship is valued at $5,538
Who is eligible to apply:
- Domestic students enrolled in a PhD or Research Masters.
- Employed in research and development activities eligible for support under the R&D Tax Incentive Scheme.
- Employed on a part-time or casual basis.
More information: Joint Research Engagement — Government website
Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest should contain the following information:
- Student name and number
- School and course (PhD or Masters)
- Research Supervisor and industry partner contact
- Current scholarship
- Short statement about the proposed cadetship: business, area of R&D activities, benefit to candidature, benefit for collaboration with industry partner
- Proposed budget for use of funds
Expressions of interest will be assessed by a University panel.
Please email expressions of interest to email@example.com
Opening date: 1 March
Closing date: 30 April