JRE Cadetships grants are designed to provide support for higher degree research candidates by helping with the costs of undertaking industry-based cadetships for students working across the...
Engineering and Science
JRE Cadetships grants are designed to provide support for higher degree research candidates by helping with the costs of undertaking industry-based cadetships for students working across the spectrum of scientific research. Cadetships involve a combination of formal research with the University and concurrent employment with a business to carry out R&D activities.
Value: In 2016 the cadetship is valued at $5,538
Who is eligible to apply:
- Domestic students enrolled in a PhD or Research Masters.
- Employed in research and development activities eligible for support under the R&D Tax Incentive Scheme.
- Employed on a part-time or casual basis.
More information: Joint Research Engagement — Government website
Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest should contain the following information:
- Student name and number
- School and course (PhD or Masters)
- Research Supervisor and industry partner contact
- Current scholarship
- Short statement about the proposed cadetship: business, area of R&D activities, benefit to candidature, benefit for collaboration with industry partner
- Proposed budget for use of funds
Expressions of interest will be assessed by a University panel.
Please email expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening date: 1 March
Closing date: 30 April