The Jim Perkins PhD Travelling Scholarship offers a scholarship for one or more students undertaking a PhD in economics in a subject matter of relevance to both the UK and Australia, at either one...
The Jim Perkins PhD Travelling Scholarship offers a scholarship for one or more students undertaking a PhD in economics in a subject matter of relevance to both the UK and Australia, at either one of the Russell Group Universities of the UK (with a preference for the University of Cambridge), or the University of Melbourne.
NUMBER OF PLACES
One or more per year
The Travelling Scholarship is valued at $25,000
6 months, or up to 1 year by negotiation
- Applicants must be post confirmation PhD students in the Department of Economics or the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economics and Social Research (MIAESR)
- Must be undertaking research in a subject matter of relevance to both the UK and Australia
- Must discuss their application with and have approval of their PhD supervisor
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Applicants must be able to commence the overseas study by no later than June 2018
- Applicants must not be due to complete their degree before or during the period of the scholarship.
For 2018 the scholarship recipient must be a current student from a Russell Group University. Students should submit an online application including a cover letter summarising intended overseas studies, CV, supervisor approval, academic reference (outlining the potential to undertake the graduate program the candidate has applied for), student number and academic transcript.
Applications for 2018 will open on 15 September 2017 and close on 10 November 2017. Unfortunately late applications cannot be considered.
Applications open 10th Sep 2017 and close 10th Nov 2017.
OUTCOME OF APPLICATION
Applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of their application by 31 December 2017.
No deferral is allowed.