We invite students from all countries who have received an offer from Monash or who are currently enrolled with the university to apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship. As a scholarship recipient, you will receive $10,000 per annum for the duration of your degree.
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
You must meet the following criteria:
- Intending to enrol full-time in undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- For commencing students, you must have received a Monash offer.
- For current students, you must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia
- Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed at least three semesters.
- Note: You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are studying Australian Year 12. You may be eligible for the Monash International Scholarship for Excellence.
- Are commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD). You will need to complete three semesters and apply as a current student.
- Based on academic achievement.
- Current students must have achieved a minimum weighted average mark of 85
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
- You will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities, which include attending official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events.